Family Medicine is a specialty devoted to comprehensive and continuing health care for people of all ages. It is the cornerstone of healthcare services, adopting a holistic approach based on knowledge of the patient in the context of family and the community. It is a division of primary care, emphasising on disease prevention and health promotion.
Family physicians deliver a wide range of acute, chronic and preventive medical care services. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, they also provide preventive care such as routine checkups, health-risk assessments, immunisation and screening tests, and personalised counselling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Family physicians also manage chronic illnesses, often coordinating care provided by other subspecialists.
Being first-line doctors, the role of family physicians can be far and wide. Our family physicians attend Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities to keep abreast of the latest medical advances, in order to increase our knowledge, skills and performance as primary care doctors. This enhances our role as effective ‘gatekeepers’ in the provision of good and affordable healthcare services to the community.
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute conditions (e.g. upper & lower respiratory tract infections, otitis media & externa, blepharitis & conjunctivitis, gastritis & gastroenteritis, urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases, haemorrhoids & anal fissures, muscle strains & joint inflammations, skin allergies & infection, tension headache & migraine, anxiety disorders, gynaecological conditions).
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic ailments (e.g. hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, gout, coronary artery disease, asthma, allergic rhinitis, thyroid disorders, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, degenerative joint disorders, acne & eczema, overweight disorders, erectile dysfunction & contraception).
- Vaccinations for both adults & children (DTP, TDap, HIB, Hepatitis A&B, polio, MMR, Varicella, Pneumococcal, Influenza, Shingles, HPV, Yellow fever, Typhoid).
- Prescription of travel medications (for common ailments, anti-malarial prophylaxis, altitude sickness).
- General health screenings (basic & comprehensive packages, including blood tests, ECG, treadmill ECG stress test, chest X-rays, ultrasound abdomen and pelvis).
- Medical checkups (for work permit and employment pass holders, pre-employment, pre-university enrolment, foreign domestic workers, driving license for those above 65 years old).
- Minor surgeries and procedures (toilet & suture, dressings, excision of cysts, H&L, joint aspiration, intra-articular steroid & hyaluronic acid injections, ear syringing, pap smear, proctoscopy tests).
Twin City Medical Centre (Great World City)
1 Kim Seng Promenade #01-136
Great World City Singapore 237994
+65 6235 1175
How To Get There
Bus: 5, 16, 75, 175, 195, 970
MRT: Orchard Road Station (NS Line), Tiong Bahru (EW Line)
Mon-Fri: 8.30am – 12.30pm, 2pm – 5pm
Sat: 8.30am – 12.30pm